Tuesday, August 28, 2012

HG Nude Nail Color: Caress Cyclamen Pink

Ever since I got into nail art, I've had some new design on my nails almost every week. But I'm pretty conservative with my toe nail colors. Doing those mint toe nails a few weeks back was actually a new thing for me.

Instagram shot of my minty toes.

I still prefer having shades of pink on my toes. My favorite toe nail colors are those pink-nude kinds. I'd always been in search of a perfect "my-nails-but-better" shade and I found it a few months ago, from a local brand no less!

Caress Cyclamen Pink

This is Caress in "Cyclamen Pink". I tried my best to adjust the photo's color balance to mimic what the color looks like in real life. I don't know how it would look on your screen but I think you can tell how flattering this shade is against my skin. In the bottle, it's not very pretty or remarkable, to be honest. It looks like an old rose pink with grayish undertones. I'm not even sure why I picked it up in the first place, but I'm so glad I did. It's the perfect nude for my skin tone -- not too pale, not too brown. I'm wearing two coats in this photo.

This color usually goes on my toes, but I used it on my nails this time since I'll be attending a formal event later. No crazy nail art. I might have some fun with it after tonight though. Hehe.

Caress nail polishes are sold at most department stores but they don't carry all the colors, all the time. So there's a chance you might have to visit more than one store if you're looking for a specific shade. The most comprehensive "collection" I've found is at Cash n Carry Makati. This particular one, however, I got from Landmark Makati for Php 22.75 (as you can tell from the price tag, haha).

- Jix.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jika! :) I love your mint nail polish! And actually pati the pink-nude one, I want! I need to outgrow my nailbiting problem already huhu.

    Post your nail polish collection sometime please! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Maybe I'll get around to it sometime.:)

      The mint nail polish is from Wet n' Wild kaso I think it's a limited edition summer color. I wanted to get a backup bottle but haven't been able to find it again anywhere.:( I saw another nice mint color from OMG nail polish, though. Sa Landmark ko din nakita. Maybe I'll get it next time to see if it's good.:)

      Delete