Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Unii Palette.

Ha! Finally. Overdue post.

Like I said the Unii Palette was the main catalyst for my starting this blog. I finally got it and have already been using it for the past three and a half weeks, but I'd become pretty busy lately and haven't really been able to sit down and write about it yet.

So without further ado...

What is a Unii Palette?



The above video pretty much explains it all. Put simply, it's a makeup storage case. It opens up like a compact with a mirror on the top panel. The bottom panel is magnetic where you can stick pans of makeup which have been removed from their original containers. I won't go into it so much since all the info's on their website and there are tons of detailed reviews out there.

What attracted me to it was the fact that I could consolidate all the different brands and types of makeup I had into just one portable case. Perfect for travel.

When I first heard about the Unii, it was only available for purchase online from their site. Shipping cost to the Philippines pretty much turned me off of the thought of purchasing one.

Some time later, I don't remember why, I randomly Googled "unii palette philippines" and.... tadaaa! A couple of local online shops were selling it. I got mine from La Petite Confiserie for Php 1000.00 + Php 50.00 shipping, which is kind of cheap considering that Unii sells it on their site for US$ 29.00 without shipping.

I know it's not cheap for an empty plastic case, but this is such a cool product! Ingenious! I haven't seen anything like it (well, there's the Z-palette -- same concept but it's made of cardboard). I wanted it so bad I was willing to shell out the money for it.

The latest "edition" of the Unii Palette comes in 6 colors. The pastel ones are just soo adorable, I wanna cry. Hehe. I wanted to get the turquoise palette (most of you know how obsessed I am with this hue), but since I told myself I need more variety in my color selections, I got the Honeysuckle one instead. My heart still aches for the turquoise one, though.T_T Pag tinopak ako, bibilhin ko yun. Hahaha.

The Unii Palette in pastels, and basic white and black. Image from Unii.

Like I said, I've been using this for a little over three weeks now and I have nothing but love for the Unii. I just looove the convenience of it all. I can do my makeup in the office when I'm running late. And I can do it using all my favorite products without having to tote around this huge palette and a bulging makeup bag. It holds up really well, too. I've tossed it into one of my big hobo bags where everything gets jumbled and jostled around, but the case and my makeup were all still intact.

Cons? The depotting process was pretty messy. I broke some of my makeup (mostly because I'm a klutz and dropped the pans *headdesk*). I also had to destroy some of the original containers by way of melting the plastic, just to get the pans out. But it's all good. I'm so happy with the end result!

Here's what the inside of my Unii looks like:


There I have several eye shadows (14 to be exact), one blush, a contour color, a highlight color and a lipstick I depotted and melted into an empty rectangular pan, plus a couple of small makeup brushes.

In some reviews, people have complained that they feel the Unii Palette is too small. But I think it'll only be too small if you're thinking of using it as a regular storage compact or if you're the type of person who cannot pack light and wouldn't be comfortable bringing only a few makeup pieces. However, to me, it's just the right size. I need it for it's portability. I have my go-to everyday makeup looks established, so everything I need for that is in my Unii. I can already do six eye makeup looks with what I have in there! If ever I want to do something different it wouldn't be difficult to just switch up the colors.

Unii is in the process of designing a bigger palette for their next release, though. So that's something to watch out for.

- Jix.

4 comments:

  1. My initial reaction: Wuuut, Jix got the pink one???

    Hihi, konti pang advertising from you and I just might get the Unii for myself. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. was thinking about eye makeup then I came to your blog. hehehe. I want to get an entire makeup kit this by this time next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanna!!! Go! Makeup is a lot of fun. Hahaha. And you have really nice eyes to work with.:) If you're willing to spend, I highly recommend the Urban Decay Naked Palette. It's all the neutral eye colors you'll need plus it's really good quality.:D

      Delete
    2. i have about 3 months left for that goal... :D alright. :D

      Delete