Monday, October 22, 2012

XL-C Image Plate.


No, I did not free hand these nails. Hehe.

The answer to how I did that design is nail art stamping. If you're not familiar with stamping, it's a method of creating nail art where you apply nail polish to a design etched on metal plate, pick up the design with the stamper and transfer it on to your nail. You can do a Youtube or Google search for "nail stamping" if you want to learn more.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you guys this image plate (the metal plate used for stamping) I acquired recently. The XL-C image plate. It's the most be-yoo-ti-ful image plate I have ever seen. Ever. I am so in love with it. Just look at it!


See the detail on that?? The designs look Indian/Thai/batik/tribal-inspired. I'm so excited to use all of them! One of the neat things about this plate is that most of designs come with mirror images. So if you're OC with symmetry you'll have no problems with this plate. Also, some of the images have these curved bottom edges which you can use to make patterned french tips. Cool, right?

So you can better see the designs, I stamped all of them on a piece of paper and scanned it. I couldn't get the whole of the design images though. Apparently, each design is too big to fit on my stamper. That's a good thing, IMO. No worries about the design being bitin for your nails!

I got this plate from a stall at 168 Mall in Divisoria for Php 500.00. But I'm so sorry, guys, because this plate I got was the last one in the store and I wasn't able to find it in any of the other nail art stalls. I've tried looking for it online but the local online nail art shops that do sell it are out of stock, too.

If you really want it, I would suggest doing a Google search for it. But be prepared to pay international shipping fees. My plate doesn't really have a brand but I know these kinds of plates also go by the name of Cheeky XL plates. Try searching "XL C image plate" or "Cheeky XL C image plate". Good luck on the hunt! Hehe.

- Jix.

8 comments:

  1. those designs are sooo pretty! :D and the plate is a really good find in 168 :) though nail shops there are sprouting like mushrooms, I didn't know that they offer a lot of variety. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super lucky find lang talaga yung plate na yan! I really went there to look for it and found the only one in the whole mall.:p

      Delete
    2. GALING!!! to think that the tiny details can be seen on your nails. :D yan pala yun laging nasa photoshop mo [sorry! can't help kasi pag nag rerender ako naka-on photshop mo, tapos ang tingkad ng designs =))] and I thought you painted/drew them :)))

      Delete
  2. That's so cute! This is the first time I've heard of such plate, nakakaaliw. I don't do nail art on my own nails kase madaling masira, but I love it on other people.

    Good for you for not cutting your cuticles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Truth be told, I'm really afraid of cutting my fingernail cuticles. I don't even let the manicuristas touch it. Okay lang sa paa, wag lang kamay ko.:p

      Delete
  3. These are just so pretty! I'm a sucker for batik-like designs, ganda lang ng lahat! <3 Also, I'm scared to cut fingernail cuticles also hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Ate, kung naalala mo pa what floor po sa 168 mall ninyo nabili yan? at sa luma o bago po bang 168?

    Thnx po. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Sa ground floor siya ng 168. Not sure kung luma yun or bago, basta dun siya sa side coming from Sta. Elena Street.:)

      Delete