Monday, October 8, 2012

Orly "Luxe" + Comeback Nail Art.

Orly "Luxe".

Such a pretty gold, don't you think?

I spotted this while looking for a nice gold polish color to use for stamping. I wanted one that wasn't too yellow or too bronze, and I think Orly "Luxe" was just that. It's a shimmery metallic gold with some silver micro glitter mixed in to "cool down" the color. It has a foil-like finish when applied.

I didn't purchase this right away since I was holding out for China Glaze's "2030". But since I couldn't find 2030 anywhere, I got this instead.

It had been sitting on my dresser for weeks before I finally got to use it. Not that I wasn't excited. In fact, I was just itching to do some nail art with it. But I was giving my nails a break from polish. They were becoming unhealthy and started getting the equivalent of split ends where the top layer of nail started chipping and peeling. Yikes.

After a little over a month of naked nails, I finally deemed them healthy enough to be painted again and here's what I came up with:

Braided nail art with Orly "Luxe".
Of course I had to reserve one whole fingernail to be painted gold. Hehe.

I bought Orly "Luxe" at SM Makati for Php 349.75.

Oh, it stamps pretty well, BTW. You might still be seeing this in my next nail art posts. I have the most beautiful nail art stamping plate to show you!

I've also prepared a tutorial for how I did that braided design above. If you're interested, check back in a few hours.:)

- Jix.

No comments:

Post a Comment